Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hello all, this is my last blog post for this semester, I can't believe its already over. Here are my thesis prep presentation and book. I will be continuing this blog next semester to continue documenting my thesis progress. I will probably post a few blogs over break, on Mondays and Thursdays, as I will be doing some thesis work.

My review on yesterday went well, I thought. There were some critiques with my presentation, I thought I would leave out labels and legends as I would be there to explain what the diagrams were, but I was told to keep them in. The critics appreciated the fact that I got so specific and was able to have an outline for next semester, but now that I am at this level I should present everything through the lens of daylighting. The way I present my project should match the nature of the project. Since I am planning on designing a dynamic facade that is extremely changeable, my presentation has to show that, as of now it is very homogeneous and static. A few suggestions of how I might do this were to drop the diagrams, do and show different experiments on how daylighting works, show advanced computational models and daylighting studies, and have more real data showing what I want to show. Over the break I am going to read all I can about different studies on daylighting and see what programs I will be able to use to do daylight studies. Two people I will have to look into are Victor Olgyay and John Carmody, both have done extensive research regarding daylighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment