Thursday, September 26, 2013

Over the past two days I have talked with my associate dean and thesis adviser about my thesis abstract and how i should plan on moving forward. My associate dean liked how clear my abstract was, but said that I needed a clearer direction, which my thesis adviser agreed with. Some ways in which to do this would be to pick a natural process or processes that interest me and apply that to architecture, as opposed to picking a problem in architecture and finding a way biology can deal with it, the second way would be to find various precedents to find out where in biomimicry I want to situate myself, and the third thing is to make a physical aspect of building, such as a building skin, to demonstrate how biomimetic principals would influence architecture and make it more sustainable. To start with I am going to look at precedents and compare how biomimetic they are to how biomimetic they say they are, find natural processes that interest me, and place myself in the biomimetic discourse.

Next week I have my first thesis review, I am going to present my position on biomimicry, my new thesis statement, and where I see myself going with this project. I am going to do this through the use of useful precedents and what positions they have taken on biomimicry.

No comments:

Post a Comment