Thursday, November 7, 2013

Yesterday I had my second thesis review. I thought it went better than my first one; the conversation about my project was a lot more focused. I now need to focus on a few things, the first being how the Willis Tower relates to the whole city of Chicago - I have weather data for Chicago so I need to relate that to the city and to the Willis Tower. I need to have my work present biomimicry not as a metaphor for sustainability, but as a tool to accomplish sustainability. Some of my diagrams are overly simplistic, so I need to add the appropriate complexity to them. I need to focus exactly on what I think is important for an office space, so far it is day-lighting and how it affects the interior of the office and the people who work there. And finally I need to decide what it is exactly that I want to design, currently it is looking like a responsive facade. I'll use the specific office that I chose as a testing ground for the facade and show how it can be applied to the building and see how that affects the city. This will bring my research full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment