Thursday, October 17, 2013

For today I came up with several diagrams that states my exact location in the Willis Tower and the exact type of office that I am going to look at. As stated before, I am going to be looking at the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning on the eighth floor of the Willis Tower. Because I couldn't find very many plans or sections of the building, I had to use the plan for Suite 710 as a surrogate for the area that the planning agency uses. Over the summer I interned at the Nashville Civic Design Center, and I diagrammed out the basic layout of that office to get an idea of how the CMAP could be laid out. I diagrammed the precedents that I found last time, (the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture office in Doha Qatar, Skygrove in New York, NY, and NOAA's Pacific Regional Center in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.)

Next week I have my thesis book draft due, and in order to get that ready, I have to do more diagrams on the Willis Tower such as entry conditions, energy usage, wind flow around the building, I have to do more diagrams of the precedents and see how they function while improving the ones that I already have, and diagram the environment, such as how a tree can survive the changing of the seasons, or how a tree collects and uses resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment